Based at one of North Sealand’s beautiful seaside hotels or wellness hotels, a Dessert Weekend can be put together just as you and your girlfriends want it.
Remember the days when you used to cycle to concerts and the beach in the summer? Not only did you get some exercise, but new sensory experiences, too. Goodbye packing, equipment and gruelling ordeals. Hello, 3 or 4-day trips from experience to experience.
Royal North Sealand’s romantic backdrop gives you peace, intimacy, sensuality - just what you need to make your stay really special.
Set off on a “back to basics” trip and taste true Nordic cooking. Many of the ingredients used in Nordic cuisine can be found on the beaches and in the forests of Royal North Sealand. Birch Syrup, sea buckthorn berries and wild garlic capers are just some of the delicacies the area has to offer.
A walking holiday is the perfect opportunity to allow yourself the time to take stock, to find a balance, time to take a break, slow things right down and enjoy things for what they really are.
The kids are ready to go with their rubber rings, buckets and spades, swimming costumes, towels and sunhats. The sun is shining – there’s no time to waste! You stroll along the beach, while the kids have already found their favourite dune. Sand between your toes and fingers, and then a sandcastle.
The history is not just stories, but also experiences. Experiences based on the thoughts about pilgrimages back then, brought right up to date. As the need for reflection is common to all people and eternal. And the natural and cultural landscape in Royal North Sealand provides the perfect setting for reflection, with its intimacy and the joy of life.
• Your break starts in the old medieval town of Elsinore. You will be staying at Hotel Madam Sprunck, which is located in the charming old historic town, close to the railway station, harbour, pedestrian shopping streets – and within walking distance of Kulturværftet (the Culture Yard) and Kronborg Castle.
• Visit the Danish Maritime Museum in the afternoon and feel the presence of history as you enjoy a café latte at the café.
Your active holiday is planned to include a number of specific activities. But the plan is also flexible, so you can pick and choose what you want to do, and tailor your own holiday.
This programme is therefore a suggestion or a framework for how your stay and exercise in North Sealand might look.
• Arrival at Sankt Helene Feriecenter, Tisvildeleje. This is the perfect place for the whole family. It has pets, summer activities and adventure playgrounds.
• And it’s not far from the Riviera’s beaches, which are some of the best in Denmark. Clear and clean water and sand, as well as shallow water and child-friendly beaches with lifeguards.
• Arrival at Helenekilde Badehotel.
• Recharge your batteries for a wonderful couple of days along the Danish Riviera - go for a walk along the beach before dinner – dive into the Kattegat. And treat yourselves to a ½-hour massage by the hotel’s masseur.
• Dinner is enjoyed on the hotel’s terrace.
about 8 km cycling in total