The artist colonies in Hornbæk & Arild | Exhibition at Nivaagaard's Painting Collection
Visit Nivaagaard's Painting Collection and experience art from the two artist colonies Hornbæk and Arild. Hornbæk in North Sealand and Arild on the other side of the Sound in Sweden.
The artist colonies in Hornbæk and Arild
From the end of the 19th century to the 1900s, artist colonies became the new trend; here, artists met over the summer and created works in the open under everyday inspiration. In Hornbæk and Arild, it was the old fishing beds, the local people, the wonderful light, the sea and the characteristic nature that lured the artists already from the mid-1800s.
- Nivaagaard's Painting Collection
- Address: Gammel Strandvej 2, 2990 Nivå
- Opening hours: The exhibition can be seen from 28.01-11.06.2023 | See Nivaagaard's opening hours
- Admission: See prices
- Transportation: Trains: 6 trains per hour Copenhagen-Helsingør or Copenhagen-Nivå. 800 m from Nivå station. www.rejseplanen.dk
- Bus: 388 from Lyngby and Helsingør. www.moviatrafik.dk
- Parking: A car park with disabled parking adjacent to the museum.
- Read more: Read more about Nivaagaard's Painting Collection.