The Crown Route - Around North Sealand
Experience the beautiful North Sealand landscape, the Danish Riviera and Roskilde Fjord. An obvious ride for the adventurous cyclists. The cycle route for you who want to see castles, fishing villages and beaches.
135 kilometres along North Sealand's top. A bicycle route for the adventurous that want to Hamlet's castle, the fishing villages, white sandy beaches and beautiful Renaissance castles.
The North Sealand round trip - ”Kroneruten” the Crown Route
The route passes between Elsinore-Gilleleje-Hundested, with the Sølager-Kulhus ferry. Alternatively, you can take the country roads to Frederiksværk and continue to Frederikssund-Hillerød-Fredensborg and back to Elsinore.
The bicycle route travels through the countryside of North Sealand and is suitable for inhabitants and adventurous tourists. The bicycle route uses parts of bicycle route 47 ”Nordkyststien” and bicycle route 40 ”Fjordstien.”
Top 10 sights on the trip
- The Fishing town Gilleleje
- Tisvildeleje and the white sandy beaches
- The hills at Spodsbjerg lighthouse, Hundested
- Nordskoven with the old oak designated for the fleet, Jærgerspris
- The Viking Theatre in Frederikssund
- The Par Force landscape in the Great Deer Park, UNESCO, Hillerød
- Frederiksborg Rennaissance Castle, Hillerød
- Fredensborg Palace – The Danish Versailles in Fredensborg
This is not a signposted route but an inspirational route that takes you past the special places in North Sealand, often via smaller signposted routes.