Royal Summer Ballet 2023 coming to Fredensborg Palace Garden
As summer approaches, as tradition dictates, the Royal Danish Theatre travels around Denmark with some of the country's best artists to offer free outdoor performing arts. After last year's Opera in the Open Air, it is now time to experience ballet in all its glory when the Royal Ballet visits the Fredensborg Palace Garden near Esrum Lake.
The Royal Summer Ballet is an annual tradition where the Royal Danish Theatre travels across the country with some of Denmark's best artists and offers free outdoor performing arts.
Since 2006, the Royal Summer Ballet has drawn thousands of audiences out into the summer weather to experience ballet under the open sky in some of the country's most beautiful locations, including the Fredensborg Palace Garden, where the ballet will take the stage by the lakeside of Esrum Lake on June 13th.
The Royal Danish Theatre states that "the best start to summer is to sit in the Danish summer sun with family and friends while dancers from the Royal Ballet perform live." And that's precisely what the audience can experience at the Royal Summer Ballet - a magical evening in royal surroundings with both seasoned ballet lovers and new ballet enthusiasts gathered for a free outdoor performance.
The audience can look forward to excerpts from some of the greatest and most beloved ballets. And while the dancers warm up on stage, you can enjoy the picnic and the beautiful surroundings of Esrum Lake.
The Royal Danish Theatre encourages the audience to walk from the other parking lots or use public transportation or bicycles, as 2,500 to 3,000 audience members are expected. There will be competition for parking spaces near the Palace Garden. Toilets and handicapped toilets will be set up, and Red Cross Samaritans will be present. However, there will be no sale of food or drinks, so the audience is encouraged to bring refreshments.
So take your family and picnic blanket or chairs and experience a magical evening in royal surroundings when the Royal Summer Ballet visits the Fredensborg Palace Garden on June 13th.
- The Royal Summer Ballet is free and takes place in the Fredensborg Palace Garden by the memorial stone on Tuesday, June 13th, from 7 pm to 8:30 pm.
- There will be no set chairs, so the audience must bring their blankets or chairs.
- Free printed programs will be given upon arrival.
- The ballet dancers' warm-up on stage begins 1 ½ hours before the performance.
- The performance will only be cancelled at the last minute in case of bad weather.
- Red Cross Samaritans will be present.
- Toilets and handicapped toilets will be set up.
- There will be no sale of food or drinks.
- As 2,500 to 3,000 audience members are expected, it is essential to pay attention to parking and transportation.
- There are only a few handicapped spaces at the entrance in Sørup, and there is no possibility of dropping off at the entrance to the Palace Garden at Sørup Ice Cream and Coffee Shop.
- Therefore, the audience is encouraged to walk from the other parking lots or use public transportation or bicycles.
- Map of parking options.