SOMEDAY IS NOW | Danh Vo presents Sister Corita
Experience the Catholic nun's visionary pop art and messages alongside the museum's art collection.
A little about the exhibition
The exhibition follows on from previous years' collaboration with Danh Vo, who presents important favourite artists from his collection at the museum. Sister Corita was a Catholic nun and made a breakthrough as a pop artist in the USA in the 1960s, where she combined her religiosity with an activist social commitment and a belief in the power of art.
Here you can experience works from Corita's work in the 1960s when she was most innovative and productive - works in Vo's possession as well as donations from other private collectors - in dialogue with the artworks of Nivaagaard's Painting Collection.
- Nivaagaard's Painting Collection
- Address: Gammel Strandvej 2, 2990 Nivå
- Opening hours: See Nivaagaard's opening hours
- Entrance: Tickets are bought at the entrance
- Trains: 6 trains per hour Copenhagen-Helsingør or Copenhagen-Nivå. 800 m from Nivå station. www.rejseplanen.dk
- Bus: 388 from Lyngby and Helsingør. www.moviatrafik.dk
- Parking: There is a car park with disabled parking next to the museum.