Asserbo Castle Ruin

Asserbo Slotsruin

Founded by Bishop Absalon in the 1100s as a monastery for monks of the Carthusian Order, the castle was taken over first by the King around 1560 and in subsequent centuries by drifting sand. The castle was liberated from the sand in two phases: initially by King Frederik VII in 1849 and then by National Museum excavations in 1972. The ruins convey a magnificent impression of the castle in bygone days.

See more on